„We realized early on that the important climate targets can...Read More
Organic Integrity In Chain Management.
Creating Solutions Together – Far Beyond Analysis
Organic Integrity in Chain Management
GALAB is constantly developing new services in order to meet the ever new and complex needs of our customers. Innovations are vital in a dynamic market in order to lay the foundation for customer success.
At GALAB we now have developed a product especially for european importers. It enables them to easily get to know and understand the value chains of their suppliers in third countries. The primary goal is to identify and subsequently minimize the risks of product mixes, contaminations, and adulterations. By achieving this risk minimization, entrepreneurs who are within the scope of the EU organic regulation are in the end fulﬁlling their obligations resulting from the most recent amendments to this regulation.
These measures must therefore take place along the value chain right from the origin of the product (seeds, inputs, agriculture) and be valued as „proportionate“and „appropriate“. The importers are obliged to carry out regular checks and adjustments.
The necessary steps
GALAB’s proposal includes the following steps:
- Participatory identiﬁcation and analysis of risks for organic production (and products) in a workshop
- Creation of a work plan to reduce the identiﬁed risks along the value chain with the exporter
- Regular monitoring of risks and adjustment of the work schedule at 18-month intervals
- The control of the implementation of the work plan in the third country is the responsibility of the control body of the distinct exporter. In this role, the inspection body receives a copy of the work plan created.
- Being responsible for placing the imported organic product on the market, the European importer receives both the risk identiﬁ cation reports and the elaborated work plans for his inspection body in German/English/Spanish language.