Tools for the Detection of Novel Glyco-biomarkers
Duration: January 2011 to December 2015
The objective of the GlycoBioM project which started in January 2011 is to develop tools for the identification and determination of biomarkers in clinical samples and patients. The project is funded by the seventh framework programme of the European Commission (FP7) and has a duration of 60 months. The project is funded with 5.2 million Euro by the EU.
Alteration of glycosylation patterns of proteins and lipids was observed in various diseases, e.g. cancer. By unravelling these structures it is expected to obtain a series of specific carbohydrate containing biomarkers which can be applied for diagnosis and therapy of diseases. In this project state-of-the-art analysis techniques like LC-MS and arrays are applied to develop multiplex methods for the determination of glyco-biomarkers.
List of Project Partners
- The University of Manchester, United Kingdom; project coordinator
- Universitätsklinikum Hamburg-Eppendorf, Germany
- University of Zagreb, Croatia
- University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- GALAB Laboratories GmbH, Germany
- National Institute for Bioprocessing Research and Training Ltd, Ireland
Further information: Cordis EU research projects – GLYCOBIOM
Get in touch with us.
GALAB Laboratories GmbH
Am Schleusengraben 7
Thank you for your interest in GALAB Laboratories.